To obtain a parking permit, a student must:
1. mail the completed application to Hoover High School 525 7th Street NE Attention Dawn Thomas.
(NO MONEY AT THIS TIME PLEASE). Parking spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
2. pick up your parking pass beginning Tuesday, August 11th 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. The cost is
$30.00 for students who expect to park both semesters, and $15.00 for second semester only.
Price adjustment occurs on the first day of the second semester. Checks are to be made payable to
Hoover High School.
3. Stadium Lot parking spaces are free. However, cars must be registered in order to park in this lot.
In order to receive a parking permit tag in August, student must have all of their online school forms completed.
To retain the parking privilege, a student must:
1. park and lock the car in its assigned space. Each student is assigned a specific space. Failure to
park in the assigned space is considered a parking violation.
2. drive and park the vehicle which is registered on the application. Please notify Mrs. Thomas if
driving a different car than the one registered.
3. hang the parking tag from rearview mirror.
4. refrain from using or occupying the car during the regular school day.
5. refuse to permit others to use the car during the regular school day.
6. operate the car in a safe and reasonable manner. Speed must not exceed 10 mph on school
Parking violations may result in disciplinary action (detention, Saturday School, ISI, Suspension) and/or loss of parking privilege if:
1. the driving tag is not properly displayed on the rearview mirror.
2. the student parks a car in a space not assigned.
3. the car is not parked between the lines.
4. the car is parked in the staff/visitors’ parking areas. These are off-limits to students. VIP spots
are only available if the student has earned the opportunity to park in that assigned spot.
5. students may also lose parking privileges for excessive tardiness or if fines/fees have not
Students parking on school property without registering their vehicles shall be disciplined and the car
may be towed at the owner’s expense.